Sunday, June 8, 2014

Being Restored






We had a guest speaker at church today who brought a wonderful message and an amazing (extremely accurate) prophetic ministry which greatly encouraged everyone present. Jan has lost her husband and a 40 year old son, both to cancer, in the last few years. She is a living example of all she shared. Three thoughts from her message:
Embrace God's goodness in all situations
Hold what God has given us loosely
Be generous wherever we can

Yearning a little solitude to refresh and ponder Jan's words, I sat silently for a few minutes in our backyard this afternoon, listening for soothing birdsongs. No energy or motivation left to hunt for photos, the opportunities unexpectedly unfolded in front of my eyes as I sat on the grass. The little jenny wren didn't see me at first, then cocked her head in surprise. The afternoon sun played on the tight buds of the Ned Kelly Grevillea
Sometimes I just need to sit still a while, to watch and listen, and I find myself being restored, ready to return to life's ongoing challenges.



19 comments:

Unknown said...

Hej Karen
What a lovely photo of the bird.
So charming! I felt that she is looking ar me....

Nice Sunday!
JetteMajken

Kim said...

May you steal many quiet moments this week, Karen, in which to be refreshed and restored.

SarahZ said...

Oh my Karen! Precious thoughts and moments! You find so many amazing images, but that little wren would have to come live indoors with me, framed or on my frig...somehow!

Anita Johnson said...

Oh I agree. Be STILL and know that I am God. No better place to be still than in the garden.

EricaSta said...

Dear Karen,
read your heartening Post today and thought by myself on the Song of Louis Armstrong: What a wonderful World .... I heard this few days before.

Wish you a good sunday
Greetings by Heidrun

eileeninmd said...

Thanks for sharing this lovely message..And the images. They are simply beautiful. Have a happy day and week ahead!

geanina said...

Beautiful post and images!;)

Beth said...

Thank you for this post and the lovely photos.

Sylvia K said...

I always love your beautiful posts and photos and wonderful words!! A great start for any day! Have a great new week, Karen!!

Dirk Rosin said...

fantastiske bilder !

Elise Lea said...

I always enjoy reading the wisdom you have captured from your Sunday sermon. And you photos are always lovely to look at as well.

TheChieftess said...

That second shot is really lovely...

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear Karen ~ that little Jenny Wren is so sweet. Both photos are great!

May I learn to be still so that restoration may continue in my life.

Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

flowersandhome said...

Beautiful words Karen and wonderful pictures, thank you so much for sharing.
Marian

Jeanne said...

I love it how God sends us messages when we need them, and this brought to my mind a scripture that has been so meaningful to me many times.... BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD. So many times when things are difficult, we are so busy talking and running around trying to solve our problems that we dont hear that still , small , voice. Grateful for you that you had this small time of quiet and thinking. Remembering you daily!

Joy said...

God is really awesome. Talking to us in many situation in good times and bad to times:)

Repelsteeltje said...

I think it is so important to be by yourself, Silence is the healer of the soul. Have a good day, Anne-Marie

Linda said...

Beautiful images! I'm impressed with the courage of the speaker.

Liz said...

There's nothing quite as wonderful as capturing such beauty while taking time out to enjoy the peace and quiet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...