Monday, August 1, 2016

To Live Content




"To live content with small means; 

to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; 

to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not rich; 

to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; 

to study hard; 

to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never;

in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common — this is my symphony."              

                                William Henry Channing




I just found this quote on my friend's Instagram feed this morning and wanted to remember and share it. A lovely quote to think on at the beginning of my week.

Poppy and Lavender (Lavender Javelin, Lavendular x hybrida) in our garden currently.

15 comments:

Liz said...

Great quote and beautiful images!!

Julie said...

What a beautiful quote and of course photos. I think really it is something we should all aspire to.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

A wonderful quote to ponder to go with your beautiful photos.

Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

Debbie Harris said...

Such a lovely quote to ponder on for sure. Thank you for sharing with us, Karen.

Enjoy your day~~

Dirk Rosin said...

very nice photos !

Janneke said...

Beautiful photos and such a great quote to think about. For instance I read 'hurry never'......, oooh that's difficult.
Regards, Janneke

Carla said...

Amen. We are so blessed in this country, aren't we

diane b said...

It is a great quote. I have a roof over my head, food in my tummy and a loving family. I am content.

SarahZ said...

Yes! Thank you :)

Jo`s Garten said...

Beautiful.
I like to copy the quote to remember
Thank you

Unknown said...

What a beautiful quote, Karen.
Thank you for sharing, and have a wonderful weekend, my friend. xo.

ELFI said...

formidable, le billet du 26 juin m'a beaucoup impressionné aussi ! bravo

Ana Freire said...

A great quote combined with stunning images!...
Thanks for sharing, Karen!
All the best!
Ana

Hope said...

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Jeanne said...

I love this quote Karen, and think that you are the embodiment of this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...